Video: Abortion survivor says “No to Late-Term Abortion in Ohio.”
Originally Posted: Sep 28, 2023 Duration: 30 seconds
From the video description:
When so many Ohioans are discussing abortion, it is important to set the record straight regarding late-term abortion. Created Equal is airing a new ad that utilizes the power of an abortion survivor’s own story to make the case that late-term abortions do occur and will increase in Ohio if Issue 1 is passed in November. The ad gives the victims of abortion a face by featuring testimony from a woman who survived an abortion attempt that took the life of her twin.
Claim: Late-term abortions occur in Ohio.
Substantiation: In 2021, 156 abortions were performed in Ohio at 21 weeks or later, representing 0.7% of all abortions that year, according to the most recent Ohio Department of Health data.
Claim: Late-term abortions are often performed on healthy babies.
Substantiation: The American Medical News– the official newspaper of the American Medical Association — conducted a tape-recorded interview with Ohio abortion Doctor Martin Haskell concerning late-term abortion, in which he said: “And I’ll be quite frank: most of my abortions are elective in that 20-24 week range. . . . In my particular case, probably 20% [of this procedure] are for genetic reasons. And the other 80% are purely elective.”
“Late-term abortion is opposed by most Ohioans. Voters need to understand that If Issue 1 passes Ohio will become California on abortion – a destination state for painful, late-term abortions.” – Mark Harrington, President, Created Equal
View video description on YouTube for Mark Harrington’s contact information.